LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Redshirts
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Book shopping

I went on a big book shopping trip today. It was actually supposed to be more about offloading books than buying them, but I saw some good stuff and couldn't resist. Rather than include everything in a TBR Thursday post, I think I'll just post the highlights today.

Okay, so the primary thing I was looking for was either Ian M. Banks' Consider Phlebas or his The Player of Games. Although I spotted a couple other Culture novels, I didn't find either one of those two. I'm starting to think I'm just going to have to order them online. But here's the most exciting stuff I did find:

Elfquest 02: The Quest Begins - Wendy Pini,Richard Pini  Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile - James Jean,Craig Hamilton,Lan Medina,Steve Leialoha,Bill Willingham  A Centaur's Life Vol. 1 - Kei Murayama

Elfquest 02: The Quest Begins - Wendy Pini,Richard Pini - Another Elfquest novelization! After I'm done reading through my Twelve Kingdoms fan translations, I should really start an Elfquest reading project, maybe alternate Elfquest stuff with non-Elfquest stuff to reduce the chance that I'll get bored and lose steam.

Fables, Vol. 1: Legends in Exile - James Jean,Craig Hamilton,Lan Medina,Steve Leialoha,Bill Willingham - I've been wanting to try this series for a while.

A Centaur's Life Vol. 1 - Kei Murayama - This one got on my radar because the premise sounded so odd, basically a relatively normal slice-of-life school story, except starring a centaur. When I saw volumes 1 and 2 for cheap, I snatched them up.

The Galactic Gourmet - James White  Spice & Wolf, Book 8: The Town of Strife I - Isuna Hasekura,Juu Ayakura,Paul Starr

The Galactic Gourmet - James White - I almost forgot to check if the store had anything by White. I found this Sector General novel, as well as one of White's non-Sector General works. The nice thing about this particular find is that, as far as I can tell, it's not available in e-book form on Kobo.

Spice & Wolf, Book 8: The Town of Strife I - Isuna Hasekura,Juu Ayakura,Paul Starr - I found volumes 8, 11, and 12. Sure, they're not consecutive, but I can fill in the gaps later and they were each about $4 cheaper than I'd normally be able to get them, so I consider that a win.

I also stumbled across a Hikaru no Go character song CD. All in all, not bad. Except for the whole "freeing shelf space" thing.