LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Mystic Marriage
Progress: 101/277 pages
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Reading progress update: I've listened 380 out of 909 minutes.

Jurassic Park: A Novel - -Brilliance Audio on CD Unabridged-, Michael Crichton, Scott Brick

Oh. Oh wow. That is an awful computing blind spot. "But it's convenience, not a flaw." Uh huh, whatever you say. It's totally a flaw. (Also, yay, a thing I definitely don't recall being in the movie! Probably because everyone in the audience would have shouted "OMG your programmers suck!")

What I don't understand is why the people standing around outside aren't getting their butts back to Control. I would be. And Malcolm's there, oozing smugness over having his warnings about the park confirmed, like he isn't out where the dinos could get at him.

(ETA: Wait, I think Malcolm's actually at Control. I had thought he'd gone on the tour with everyone else, but I guess I was wrong. He's still annoyingly smug, though.)

(ETA 2: Or maybe Malcolm is out with the people taking the tour. I'm so confused. I may have to break out my paper copy to figure this one out. I thought for sure he was pointing stuff out on a computer screen for Dr. Wu back at Control, but now it turns out he's actually in a car with Grant.)