LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've listened 380 out of 909 minutes.

Jurassic Park - Scott Brick, Michael Crichton

Oh. Oh wow. That is an awful computing blind spot. "But it's convenience, not a flaw." Uh huh, whatever you say. It's totally a flaw. (Also, yay, a thing I definitely don't recall being in the movie! Probably because everyone in the audience would have shouted "OMG your programmers suck!")

What I don't understand is why the people standing around outside aren't getting their butts back to Control. I would be. And Malcolm's there, oozing smugness over having his warnings about the park confirmed, like he isn't out where the dinos could get at him.

(ETA: Wait, I think Malcolm's actually at Control. I had thought he'd gone on the tour with everyone else, but I guess I was wrong. He's still annoyingly smug, though.)

(ETA 2: Or maybe Malcolm is out with the people taking the tour. I'm so confused. I may have to break out my paper copy to figure this one out. I thought for sure he was pointing stuff out on a computer screen for Dr. Wu back at Control, but now it turns out he's actually in a car with Grant.)