LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Progress: 20/42 pages
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Like someone calling and asking what kinds of cute furry animals I'd like to see more of

Someone from my local public library called my home today to ask me if I wanted to request any books for their Overdrive collection. Now I'm wondering whether they called all their Overdrive users, or just their most active ones. Either way, that says sad things about my public library's overall Overdrive usage. I really haven't used it much.

Now I feel guilty. I may check out one of their Overdrive books in the morning... I wish I could read faster. I want to support the Overdrive collections of the library I work at and my public library, and get through my paper and electronic TBRs, all at the same time.

Oh, and here's what I'll probably be requesting, in order of most wanted to least ("least" being things I'll probably buy anyway):

Sensation (Spectacular Fiction) - Nick Mamatas

Fortune's Pawn - Rachel Bach  Fortune's Pawn - Rachel Bach

Halfway Human - Carolyn Ives Gilman  Halfway Human - Carolyn Ives Gilman

The Traitor Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson  The Traitor Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Fourth World (The Iamos Trilogy) (Volume 1) - Lyssa Chiavari  Fourth World (The Iamos Trilogy) (Volume 1) - Lyssa Chiavari

Every Heart a Doorway - Seanan McGuire