LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 156 out of 190 pages.

Flower in a Storm Vol. 2 - Shigeyoshi Takagi

This is such a mess, and yet I still like this volume more than the first. It's like Tachibana tried to fit every reason Ran and Riko can't be together into 150 pages.

One of the sidebars mentions that the ending is a little different (slightly extended) from what it was in the serialized version, and there's a little image of Tachibana's editor telling her that the ending is unhappy (she disagreed). If that additional stuff is what I think it is, I agree with her editor, the ending was tragic. Which is weird, considering that volume 1 seemed to promise goofy, over-the-top fluff.

Now it's time for a short extra manga called "Warm to the Touch," which begins with this sentence: "Almost no one ever thinks they don't want to be touched."