LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Fall Into Darkness
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

April 2016 Reviews

I'm currently behind by 6 reviews, but I still got a lot done in April. I also read quite a few good books. Even better, not all of the good books were rereads. Of the things I reviewed, I'd say Dragonsong by Anne McCaffrey (reread), The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison, the last story in Ann Christy's Robot Evolution, and Zootopia (the movie, not the junior novelization) were my favorites.

My favorite covers:

Dragonsong  - Anne McCaffrey

I actually like the cover for Dragonsinger better, but this one is still lovely. Elizabeth Malczynski Littman had a huge influence on my mental image of the dragons and fire lizards of Pern.

Flower in a Storm Vol. 1 - Shigeyoshi Takagi

I may not have liked this series, but I still like this cover. Riko looks like a breezy twenty-something. Considering that she and Ran are actually supposed to be seventeen, I don't know that this cover is really that great a fit for the series, but it did get me to read it, so I suppose that's something.