LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Authority: A Novel
Progress: 89/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Using books as a buffer

Gah. This is the kind of day where people keep promising I'll do things for other people without actually consulting me about it first. All the things I planned to get caught up on today have been pushed to the back burner again. Argh.

The things I'm clinging to:

- Kyle McCarley's narration for Katherine Addison's The Goblin Emperor. I'm still glad I read the book before listening to it, because of all the names and fantasy linguistics, but McCarley's narration is wonderful. It also helps that the story itself is now on my personal "snuggly blanket in book form" list.

- Thinking about what paper book I'm going to read next, now that I'm done with Dragondrums. At the moment, it's a toss up between getting through some of my manga backlog (quick and easy, but increases my reviewing backlog at an alarming rate), tackling C.J. Cherryh's Foreigner (I've heard interesting things, but it's dauntingly thick), or reading another Japanese novel in translation (Moribito? Durarara? Naruto? Attack on Titan? I have so many...).