LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

To Terminator, With Love
L. Rowyn
Progress: 179/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Will the Night World series finally get an ending?

Strange Fate - L.J. Smith

L.J. Smith's books were the first paranormal romance I ever read and loved. Her Night World series was also one of my longest running reader frustrations. I loved some of the books and felt so-so about the rest, but, either way, I wanted to see how everything would turn out. It's been ages since I last read the books leading up to the ending, but I think it was one of those series that was supposed to tie in with the new millennium. Except the last book never came out. I tried to be patient, especially after I learned that it was maybe delayed due to illness (either the author or a family member of hers, I can't remember), but the years passed and eventually I gave up.

Now Amazon has this, the mythical last book. Except:

Is it possible to put a fake product listing on Amazon? Because this looks like someone messing with fans of the series. How else could a book have a total number of pages, physical dimensions, and a weight and yet not be ready for publication until 2030?

ETA: And I just realized that some of the product comments are from years ago. Back in 2011, it was supposed to be released in 2012. Oh dear.