LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Caves of Steel
Heather Rose Jones
Progress: 251/399 pages
50 Girls 50 and Other Stories
Al Williamson, Frank Frazetta, Gary Groth
Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Progress: 101/277 pages
Raynard C. Swank
Progress: 20/42 pages

May 2016 Reviews

My May reviewing went pretty well. I wrote about 7 novels, 3 audiobooks, 2 movies, 1 graphic novel, 1 manga volume, and 1 novella. Even better, I liked almost all of it.

I liked many of May's covers, too. My favorites:

Dragonsinger  - Anne McCaffrey

This is probably my all-time favorite cover, even though I don't think Menolly and Piemur's looks are quite accurate. What I like about it: the detail, the colors, and the delicate and gorgeous fire lizards. I don't usually care which edition of a book I own, but in this case I sought this particular edition out.

The Perilous Life of Jade Yeo - Zen Cho

I like this cover's colors (the delicate background pink and the way her clothes and the title match!) and, in general, how clean and uncluttered it looks.

Foreigner - C.J. Cherryh

Another cover that's not quite accurate, but I like the composition and the way Jago and Banichi look like they could be statues.

Fox's Bride - A.E. Marling  Brood of Bones - A.E. Marling

Okay, so technically I don't really like this cover. It's okay, but it's not nearly as nicely done as the cover for the first book, Brood of Bones (included for comparison). But! Look at that little fennec face. That's the face that contributed to my eventual decision to try the first book (it also helped that the first book was free).