LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Alliance In Blood
Ariel Tachna
Progress: 4/210 pages
To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
Progress: 448/553 pages
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 88 out of 367 pages.

Heart Dance - Robin D. Owens

The Willow Residence, explaining the rules of HeartGifts:

"The HeartMate must accept a HeartGift willingly and without knowing it is a HeartGift before the other can claim them as a HeartMate and HeartBond with them. The punishment for telling a person that they are your HeartMate is that the offending party must always be chaperoned while in the presence of the HeartMate--"

1) How could she (the person being given the HeartGift is almost always female) not know it's a HeartGift, considering that the things are practically lust bombs?

2) So it's okay for the man (it's almost always a man) to be unchaperoned around the woman if he knows they're HeartMates and she doesn't, but they have to be chaperoned if he puts them on even ground by telling her? I remember having problems with this rule back when I first started the series.

So far, this is a stronger and more focused book than Heart Quest, but I keep coming across things that annoy me.