Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Nine Princes in Amber: The Chronicles of Amber, Book 1
Progress: 89/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Book shopping trip

I'm back from a big city book shopping trip. There were more construction zones than I expected, but I survived.

I also did a good job holding myself back. I offloaded six books and came back with only six books. That took a lot of willpower, since the store had gotten a lot of used manga volumes in since my last visit. I'm also pretty sure that the stack I came back with was shorter than the stack I dropped off.

Here's what I came back with:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Vol. 1: Dawn - Daniel Huddleston,Yoshiki Tanaka  Transition - Iain Banks  Downbelow Station - C.J. Cherryh

Shakugan no Shana: Fight Day! - Yashichiro Takahashi  Shakugan no Shana: The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes - Yashichiro Takahashi  Blade of the Immortal, Volume 1: Blood of a Thousand - Hiroaki Samura

I'm most excited about the stuff in the top row. I came close to adding Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Volume 1) to my last Amazon order, so that particular find made me glad I had decided to put it off for a bit longer. (I think that cover image might be for the audiobook, but it's what came up when I searched by the paperback ISBN.)

Blade of the Immortal (Volume 1) was a clearance section find. I've always been curious about that series. The Shakugan no Shana light novels were in the SFF section near Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I don't have high hopes for them (I haven't even seen the anime), but who knows, they might surprise me.