LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Please, no more team building

So there was this team building exercise at work. Everybody got an envelope with a slip of paper in it, and everybody was matched up with a random partner (sort of). Then person "A" in the team had to open their envelope and speak to person "B" for 2-3 minutes about their views on the topic listed on their slip of paper. The topics were described as "things people usually have strong opinions for or against." "B" had to listen without saying a word or indicating that they were judging what "A" was saying in any way. Then "B" had a minute to say "A"'s views back to them in as nonjudgmental a way as possible. After that, "A" and "B" switched roles with whatever topic was in "B"'s envelope.

All I can say is, I'm thankful that my partner and I had "eh, it depends" views on our topics. Even so, I'm glad that this "team building" stuff is not a regular thing for us. I'm not sure I could take the suspense of wondering what each exercise might bring.