LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Binary Storm (Liege-Killer)
Progress: 310/336 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Fellowship of Fantasy ABC Challenge - G

The original post is here.

"G" is not a good letter for me, as far as favorite characters go. After much thinking, I was able to come up with a list of four characters (technically three) with "G" names: George and Ginny Weasley from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books, Gonturan from Robin McKinley's The Blue Sword and The Hero and the Crown, and Gran from Laurell K. Hamilton's Merry Gentry series.

I'm tempted to pick Gonturan, even though it's an inanimate object and it feels like cheating. I don't recall ever liking Gran (not sure if she has a real name), but I was at least hopeful that she'd force Merry to make some hard decisions. Of course, then Gran

died and the need for hard decisions evaporated.

(show spoiler)

That leaves me with George and Ginny. Um... Don't hate me, but I was never exactly a George and Fred fan. Pranksters aren't my thing. And the problem with Ginny is that I only remember a little about her. I remember her being painfully shy early on in the series, and becoming more confident later on (in the books I didn't like as much and therefore never reread). I suppose I'll pick Ginny because her increase in confidence was nice.

ETA: Oh, one thing I forgot: I named one of my rats after Ginny, so there's that. :-)