LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Alliance In Blood
Ariel Tachna
Progress: 63/210 pages
To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
Progress: 448/553 pages
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages
Yup, reblogging one of my own posts. Because it's that kind of evening. Maybe one day I'll have the courage to tell my dad that some of the things he says during our phone conversations are Not Okay and painful. It wouldn't be so scary if I didn't love him and worry about what he'd think of me. Which is kind of screwed up, because he doesn't seem to worry about what I'd think about him. :(

Sorry for the vagueness, just needed to vent. Now to enjoy some tea and maybe finish a review.
Reblogged from Familiar Diversions:
"But what they didn't realize was that my mom and dad divided everyone they met into two categories: Our Kind of People and Those People. The ones who were enough like them to earn the jokes and the invitations and the we-must-do-this-again-sometimes, and the ones they kept at a polite distance because they were just too different. And even if you looked like them and spoke their language, one careless word could transform you from an Us to a Them forever. Maybe even if you were their daughter."
Quicksilver  - R.J. Anderson