LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Daughter of Mystery
Heather Rose Jones
Progress: 136/399 pages
50 Girls 50 and Other Stories
Al Williamson, Frank Frazetta, Gary Groth
Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Progress: 20/42 pages
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes
Yup, reblogging one of my own posts. Because it's that kind of evening. Maybe one day I'll have the courage to tell my dad that some of the things he says during our phone conversations are Not Okay and painful. It wouldn't be so scary if I didn't love him and worry about what he'd think of me. Which is kind of screwed up, because he doesn't seem to worry about what I'd think about him. :(

Sorry for the vagueness, just needed to vent. Now to enjoy some tea and maybe finish a review.
Reblogged from Familiar Diversions:
"But what they didn't realize was that my mom and dad divided everyone they met into two categories: Our Kind of People and Those People. The ones who were enough like them to earn the jokes and the invitations and the we-must-do-this-again-sometimes, and the ones they kept at a polite distance because they were just too different. And even if you looked like them and spoke their language, one careless word could transform you from an Us to a Them forever. Maybe even if you were their daughter."
Quicksilver  - R.J. Anderson