LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Jennifer deWinter, Carly A. Kocurek, Anastasia Salter
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Fellowship of Fantasy ABC Challenge - L

The original post is here.

I'm going to go with Leetah from Wendy and Richard Pini's Elfquest. Which, yes, is a graphic novel series, and I said I was going to try not to list characters from graphic novels or manga, but there are also Elfquest books and short stories, so I'm not completely breaking my rule.

It's been way too long since I last read this series, making it a little hard to write this post. Here's hoping I'm not remembering the details wrong...

I liked that Leetah didn't just fall at Cutter or Rayek's feet, even after she and Cutter Recognized each other (for those who don't know Elfquest, Recognition is the series' version of soulmates). I also liked that she was very good at healing, her biggest issue involving learning her limits and when to stop. Also, she eventually became one of the series' many fierce moms.

I have the first couple reissued Elquest volumes. Yet another series I need to reread and see if it still works for me.