LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 16 out of 422 pages.

Invader  - C.J. Cherryh

I woke up half an hour early, feeling surprisingly bright-eyed and bushy tailed (I'm normally a night owl), so I decided to pick out my next paper book. I thought to myself "I should choose something I'll probably want to offload, so I can free up more shelf space." So I picked the next book in a series I not only currently have no intention of offloading but am also still actively collecting. Oh well.

As for the book, good choice so far. And also, if Deana is the next-best option for the paidhi position, I can see why Bren would be considered brilliant. Even while in pain, Bren tries to behave properly. Deana, on the other hand, is all "I'll the hell speak Mosphei', thank you." (Actual quote on page 15.)