LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

To Terminator, With Love
Progress: 179/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

July 2016 Reviews

I'm very pleased with how much I managed to review in July, 19 things total. TV and movie reviews are still way down - I just don't seem to be interested in watching much lately. Not a bad thing, since it's usually the other way around if I prefer one thing over another, with my desire to read nearly at zero and my TV watching taking over everything.

The quality of the stuff I reviewed in July could have been better. There were a surprising number of things I awarded one or even a half star to, plus a few 2-star things. However, not all of it was bad, and the month did at least feature some quality covers.

My top favorite cover for the month:

Binti - Nnedi Okorafor

I love how the warmer orange looks next to the cooler color of her skin. That cover has stuck with me since I saw it for the first time. Now that I've read the story, though, I have a couple other things to add. 1) With that little otjize covering her skin, poor Binti would feel horribly exposed. 2) Binti's supposed to be 16 years old, and I think the person on the cover looks older than that.