I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.
I'm still enjoying this. Things are getting more complicated.
- It can be safely assumed that all the characters are bisexual unless otherwise stated. I think I've only read one other book where this was the case.
- One of the POV characters is the ship captain, a woman who's between 60 and 75 years old (my best guess is probably early 60s). Her favorite thing, right now, is verbally poking at Rafe, the new guy, just to see how far she can go before he gets mad.
- Rafe's primary romantic (or at least sexual) options at the beginning of the book were Joshim and Rallya. Joshim's a dude, and Rallya is the 60-something I mentioned above. He preferred Joshim because Joshim is steady and all-around great, and also because sleeping with Rallya would be like trying to get friendly with a cactus.
- I really hope that Rafe and Joshim get a happy ending, and that the author doesn't deal with the issue of Rallya's impending forced retirement by killing her off.
- My theory about Rafe right now is that he's(show spoiler)