LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
Vintage: A Ghost Story
Berman, Steve, Steve Berman
Progress: 75/154 pages
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Cards Against Significant Species

I don't play Cards Against Humanity or even know that much about it, but I still love this Imperial Radch-themed version. I found out about it via Twitter. Some nice examples:

My favorites from those:

What's Breq's secret kink? The sound Kalr Five makes when someone breaks a tea cup

Everyone was horrified when the morning cast suggested that mutually-assured destruction was the most auspicious course of action one could take today.

Anaander Mianaai's latest cause of death was Anaander Mianaai.

I'm starting to think it might be time for a reread of, at the very least, Ancillary Mercy. The third book in the trilogy always makes me happy. That said, I'm still enjoying the political minefield of A Matter of Oaths and Bren's ongoing search for friendship in Inheritor (yes, there's more going on, but I'm having so much fun with the inner emotional drama).