LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've listened 76 out of 914 minutes.

Foreigner: Foreigner Sequence 1, Book 1 - Daniel Thomas May, Audible Studios, C.J. Cherryh

It's interesting listening to this so soon after finishing Inheritor. Ian's POV parts keep making me think of Jase - both of them cut off from people they know for who knows how long, trying to physically adjust to living on a planet. But then there's the ship folk vs. station folk divide. I'm sure Bren will end up having at least as many difficulties with ship folk politics as he's had with Mospheiran politics.

I like the ateva POV parts much more the second time around, now that I know more of the words and cultural details. The poor Astronomer's Guild - humans mucked things up for them well before first contact even happened.