LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Fall Into Darkness
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

My sister's question - Passengers

My sister called me up as I was getting ready for work this morning. Her question: "Hey, have you seen the trailer for the movie Passengers? Is it based on a book? Because I had serious deja vu when I saw that the bartender was really a robot."

I've been doing some checking, and I've seen some mentions that Passengers is an original script and some mentions that it's based on a book. This article says it's based on a book of the same title, but it doesn't say who the author is. I had thought this would be easier to figure out than it's turning out to be.

Anybody know what book, if any, the movie is based on? Who's the author? The only other thing I can think of is that the script writer originally wrote it as a book and then re-wrote it as a script when it didn't sell, and that's why some sources keep saying it's based on a book, but you'd think someone would mention that if it were the case.