LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Daughter of Mystery
Heather Rose Jones
Progress: 251/399 pages
50 Girls 50 and Other Stories
Al Williamson, Frank Frazetta, Gary Groth
Space Battle Lunchtime Volume 1: Lights, Camera, Snacktion!
Natalie Reiss
Progress: 20/42 pages
Medical School for Everyone: Grand Rounds Cases
Professor Roy Benaroch, The Great Courses, The Great Courses
Progress: 34/725 minutes

Narrators who anime fans might recognize (Part 1?)

This post is inspired by a purchase I just made. Let's see how many of these folks I can track down. It's too bad that several of them have only narrated stuff I'm not interested in listening to, but I guess that keeps my Audible library from ballooning too much.

I've made an effort to list only those people who I was reasonably sure were really the audiobook narrators. For example, I found an audiobook narrated by a guy named Kirk Thornton, but he didn't sound like the Kirk Thornton I know from anime and I couldn't find any evidence they were the same person. Same with Liam O'Brien - I couldn't confirm that the audiobook narrator and the anime voice actor were the same person. If there are mistakes on this list, feel free to let me know.

Anyway, on to the list. Who knows, maybe there will be a part 2.

1. Alessandro Juliani

Anime fans may know Juliani as: L (Death Note)

A few audiobooks:

Nine Princes in Amber: The Chronicles of Amber, Book 1 - Roger Zelazny,Alessandro Juliani  Solaris: The Definitive Edition - Stanislaw Lem,Bill Johnston (translator),Alessandro Juliani,Audible Studios

2. Chris Patton

Anime fans may know Patton as: Greed (Fullmetal Alchemist), Soushi Miketsukami (Inu X Boku Secret Service), Creed Diskenth (Black Cat)

A few audiobooks:

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Chris Wyatt, Marvel Press,Chris Patton,Disney  Fatal Shadows - Josh Lanyon,Chris Patton

3. Vic Mignogna

Anime fans may know Mignogna as: Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist), Death Scythe (Soul Eater), Zero (Vampire Knight)

Audiobook:

A Howl at the Moon - Nathan Squiers,Vic Mignogna,Tiger Dynasty Publishing

4. Eric Vale

Anime fans may know Vale as: Yuki Sohma (Fruits Basket), Trunks (Dragon Ball Z), both America and Canada (Hetalia: Axis Powers)

A few audiobooks:

Beast: Blood, Struggle, and Dreams at the Heart of Mixed Martial Arts - Doug Merlino,Eric Vale,Audible Studios for Bloomsbury  The Crippler: Cage Fighting and My Life on the Edge - Chris Leben,Daniel J. Patinkin,Eric Vale,Audible Studios

5. Stephanie Sheh

Anime fans may know Sheh as: Orihime (Bleach), Micchon (Eden of the East), Hinata (Naruto)

Audiobook:

Til Morning's Light: The Private Blog of Erica Page - Ross Berger,Stephanie Sheh,Audible Studios

That's it for now. Hopefully I'll come across some more later.