LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Princess Prince
Progress: 91/806 minutes
The Kneebone Boy
Ellen Potter
Progress: 62/280 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 599 out of 599 pages.

Illuminae - Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

Well, I finished in time.

This is probably going to get one of my "I don't even know" 3-star ratings. I was all set to be sad and deeply upset by the way some things went down (mostly to do with AIDAN), and then the book dangled several carrots, one of which basically had my name on it. I still don't know if I want to read the sequel, though. I guess I'll read reviews and make my decision later.

Everyone kept saying that AIDAN was malfunctioning when it took its first big action in the book (trying to stay spoiler-free), but as far as I could tell, the main thing it did wrong was not ask for human permission first. It really was trying to save everyone, and the death toll wouldn't have been nearly as high if things had gone the way it had intended. Yeah, that's an ice cold numbers-based assessment, and I wouldn't have blamed Kady and others for hating it afterward, but it was basically doing what it was programmed to do.

Hopefully I can manage to write a review today or sometime this weekend, because I have to turn this book in, and therefore I won't have it around for detail-checking if I start to forget stuff.