LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 112 out of 191 pages.

Hospital Station - James White

"Oh, well, misogyny is an allowable neurosis," O'Mara had replied, then had gone on to discuss the new assistant.

1) Conway feeling like he doesn't have time for flirting with or dating human women doesn't automatically equal misogyny.

2) Hospital staff not being able to work with certain alien species means they'd get transferred away from Sector General, because even unconscious biases would be a problem, but "misogyny is an allowable neurosis"? O'Mara, no.

I really do like this series overall, but stuff like this sucks. I felt the same way during the "women can't be Diagnosticians" bit, and apparently I'm not the only one, because related fix fic exists.

----------

The next story features the first appearance of Dr. Prilicla, so I'm looking forward to that.