LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

A Rational Arrangement
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

A weekend of kid things

Driving anxiety aside, I had a nice time visiting my sister and her family, although I made the mistake of using "I'm old" as my excuse for not knowing more than two of the My Little Pony names off the top of my head. This apparently led my eldest niece (6 years old) to wonder if I was senile, because she then brought me a bunch of ordinary objects and asked me to identify them. More memory tests were administered when I identified toy pliers as "pliers" rather than as "a tool." Lol.

I remembered to bring Ursula Vernon's Dragonbreath with me, so I got to read some of that to the kids, and then my eldest niece impressed me by continuing on with it and only needing me to tell her a few words here and there. I think the switch from plain text to graphic novel style pages and back again confused her a bit, though.

After that, we watched a bunch of Mia and Me, a show about a girl at a boarding school who is able to use a book to travel to a fantasy world where she becomes some kind of winged elf. It was strangely mesmerizing.