LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Peter Darling
Rowyn Ashby
Progress: 89/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Reading progress update: I've read 18 out of 441 pages.

The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet: A Novel - Becky Chambers

When it comes time for me to fly, I'll be bringing my e-reader, one paper comfort read, and one paper new-to-me book (always have to have backups, just in case). I decided that, if I couldn't finish it before my flight, this would probably be a good new-to-me book to bring. So far I'm liking it, although it's a little worrisome that there have already been two POVs. Is this one of those books with a gazillion POVs?

Rosemary exhaled, trying to shake off the needlelike twinges. "It's not your fault," she said. "I wasn't feeling very well to start." She paused, realizing that she was trying to make an AI feel better. It was a silly concept, but something about Lovey's demeanor made any other response feel a bit rude. Could AIs even take offense? Rosemary wasn't sure.

Yay, the AI character is introduced right off the bat! So far Lovey (short for Lovelace) makes me think of the AIs in Elizabeth McCoy's Queen of Roses. Nice.