LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

17%, I think

Queen of Roses - Elizabeth McCoy

"Loren returned to its luggage cart, but stayed out of the way until Captain Manderson left the room. At that point, the Sapient wheeled out to where Corvhey and Marrin were dancing, and inquired if Roger intended to monopolize the fair damsel, or if it could perhaps have the honor of a dance. With Lady Marrin, of course; it could dance with Roger any time. The result was less surreal than Sarafina had assumed it would be, but still attracted attention. Mrs. Selsda gave the couple such a wistful look that Sarafina expected her to claim the next dance with Sapient Loren."

Looks like Booklikes is having another slow day, at least for me. :-(

Anyway, Loren's a free AI. Although I haven't forgotten about and still strongly disapprove of one thing it does near the end of the book, I still love this character. A Roger and Loren spinoff series (because of course one book wouldn't be enough) would be perfect.