Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Nine Princes in Amber: The Chronicles of Amber, Book 1
Rowyn Ashby
Progress: 89/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Reading progress update: I've read 99 out of 553 pages.

Ichi-F: A Worker's Graphic Memoir of the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant - Kazuto Tatsuta

Getting back to this, finally.

Chapter 2 included a newbie who, worried about radiation poisoning, over-tightened his equipment and gave himself a headache he thought was caused by radiation exposure.

Chapter 3 (reading right now) is about Tatsuta's early efforts to get work at Ichi-F. It was more difficult than I would have originally expected, and I hate watching these guys bleed money while waiting to be called in for the work they were supposedly hired to do.

Another thing: each worker is asked to purchase a stamp that's used in lieu of a signature (a footnote makes it sound like these stamps are not unusual). What bugs me is that the stamps were then taken away - workers only see them again when it's time to do employment contracts and other official paperwork. Even Tatsuta, who seems to leap to the defense of these companies more often than not, admits he has no idea how his stamp might have been used when it wasn't in his possession.