LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Alliance In Blood
Ariel Tachna
Progress: 4/210 pages
To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Humble Book Bundle: Super Nebula Author Showcase

I'm definitely considering getting this one. The titles that caught my eye after a brief look through were:

- The Healer's War by Elizabeth Ann Scarborough - I enjoyed Powers That Be, one of her collaborations with Anne McCaffrey.

- Reading the Bones by Sheila Finch - Xenolinguistics!

- Inside Job by Connie Willis - I've enjoyed everything I've read by Connie Willis, although, granted, I think that's only been two or three books.

- Everything But the Squeal by John Scalzi - I'll either enjoy it or hate it, based on how I've felt about other works by Scalzi. So far the score is Enjoy: 2, Hate: 1.

There's also a bunch of short story collections by or including authors I'm interested in, but I have a terrible track record as far as short story collections go. I seem to be resistant to reading them, probably because I don't enjoy reviewing them. Yes, I know I could just read and not review, but I've been reviewing almost everything I read for so long that I actually feel guilty when I don't get around to reviewing something. Purposely not reviewing would feel...weird.

I already own and have read The Cloud Roads by Martha Wells, and I highly recommend it. I also own Mechanique by Genevieve Valentine via a Storybundle, but I haven't read that one yet.