LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Haunting of Hill House
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

The Emperor and I - still reading, still enjoying

I love this bit from chapter 13.5 (speech bubbles are read from right to left):

Kosuke, the guy in the picture, has a crush on Kaho, the series' main character. But all of Kaho's time, energy, and attention is focused on Emperor. This is somehow made even better by the fact that Emperor continues to not be very loving or cuddly. He does seem to have preferences, but they boil down to "everyone but Kosuke" "not Kosuke." Kaho loves Emperor without needing any signs that Emperor loves her in return.

Although I did hate the timing of this interlude. Emperor was maybe in danger! I needed to know that he'd be okay! (Don't worry, everything turned out fine. Although I have so many questions about Emperor's existence. Some penguin rules apply to him, but several key things do not.)

Oh, and here's a screenshot of Kaho's bird-loving friend lecturing Kosuke on the difference between emperor and king penguins. He had just made the mistake of giving Kaho a toy penguin of the wrong sort! Gasp! (This is from Chapter 16.5.)

If you can't tell, I recommend this series. :-)