Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Nine Princes in Amber: The Chronicles of Amber, Book 1
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Booklikes-opoly: May 31st

Books finished so far:

An Extraordinary Union - Alyssa Cole  Decision at Doona - Anne McCaffrey  Redshirts - John Scalzi

Baccano!, Vol. 1: The Rolling Bootlegs - Ryohgo NaritaAgainst the Paw - Diane Kelly  Star Surgeon - James White

Salamandastron - Brian JacquesThe Friday Society - Adrienne Kress

Bank: $62

Roll: 10

My last roll put me on spot 35, so this roll puts me on spot 8.

I have so many to choose from for this one that it's hard to decide. I'm going to go with James White's Lifeboat, which think might be one of his non-Sector General books, even though it does involve a doctor in space.

Lifeboat - James White

And since I rolled doubles I get another roll.

Extra roll: 7

This puts me on New Orleans Square Station.

I dislike this spot about as much as I did Main Street 13. I don't have a single book with a suitcase on the cover, and the "overseas travel" aspect is hard to search for - I only know of two books in my collection that I'm sure count, and that's only because I've read one and attempted to read the other. I suppose I'll go with the one I've read before: Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts. A reread doesn't sound bad, right now. It works for this spot because the American heroine decides to abandon her life in America and fly to Ireland to get a new start. The flight happens prior to the beginning of the book, but I think it still counts because dropping everything and making that trip is still on the heroine's mind at the start.

Jewels of the Sun - Nora Roberts