LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Fuzzy Nation
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've to listened 2 out of 6 discs.

The Listerdale Mystery and Eleven Other Stories - Agatha Christie, Hugh Fraser

"Mr. Eastwood's Adventure" - End of disc 2, end of this story. Oh, Mr. Eastwood. A mystery author with a case of writer's block. Or at least writer's block when it comes to writing stuff he knows he can sell. He's desperately looking for inspiration when he gets a call from a mysterious woman who thinks he's someone else and says she's in danger and needs his help. I suppose it's a so-so story, and I figured out what was going on when they were at Mr. Eastwood's place (one of those moments when I wanted to shout at the main character to not be so naive), but something about Mr. Eastwood made me laugh. The ending was abrupt and probably would have been funnier if I had been reading it rather than listening to it, since I didn't realize at first that I was at the end of the story and not just the end of the disc. I'll give this one 3.5 stars.

Next up is "Philomel Cottage."