LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 51 out of 281 pages.

The Edge of the Abyss - Emily Skrutskie

It may have been a mistake for me to request this despite my dislike of the first book. So far, the book has been one action scene and a boatload of bad feelings and longing between Cas and Swift. The former was okay. The latter is really not working for me. I'm pretty sure the author wants me to want Cas and Swift to be together, but Cas's every reaction to Swift, Santa Elena, and the others keeps screaming Stockholm syndrome to me. Everyone on this ship was responsible for killing Durga, the being Cas loved most, but now she's basically buddies with most of them.

I honestly can't remember why Cas opted to stay with Santa Elena rather than go back to her family. I wish I'd written that particular spoiler in my review for the first book, because I can't think of any reason that makes sense. I think she might have decided to stay because she just loved Swift so much, and ugh.

I'm only in this for Bao. Here's hoping he shows up sometime soon, or I might not make it through this book.