LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo)
Shika MacKenzie, Soji Shimada, Ross MacKenzie
Progress: 102/316 pages
The Bishop's Pawn (A Marc Edwards Mystery Book 7)
Don Gutteridge
Progress: 20/187 pages
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

There are Vocaloid novels, and now I have one!

The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku - Yunagi, cosMo@BousouP, Muya Agami

A couple weeks ago, I learned that several light novels featuring Vocaloids (singing software) had been licensed and translated into English. I was obsessed with Vocaloids a while back, so of course I wanted them. I picked this one out first because Miku is an android in it. I'm not a huge fan of Miku in particular, but I don't dislike her and I'm resigned to the fact that she's the most popular Vocaloid in the fandom.

This book is based on one of the sadder Vocaloid songs, so I imagine I'll need to brace myself for a tragic ending. Crossing my fingers that it isn't totally faithful to the song and Miku survives.

*If you want to listen to the song, there are lots of versions available on YouTube. Here's one with English subtitles.