LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Fuzzy Nation
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Just arrived via ILL!

The Drops of God 1 - Shu Okimoto, Tadashi Agi

This means I now have four ILL books I need to read (and the one due next week is the one I'm having the most trouble with, unfortunately). Here we have a manga about wine. I'm not a wine drinker, but I've read and enjoyed lots of manga on subjects I know absolutely nothing about or even actively dislike in the real world, so there's still a good chance I'll enjoy this. The artwork is nice and clear and reminds me a little of Takeshi Obata's artwork for Hikaru no Go.

The description on the back:

"When world-renowned wine critic Kanzaki passes away, his will reveals that his fortune of a wine collection isn't bequeathed as a matter of course to his only son, who in a snub went to work sales at a beer company. To come into the inheritance, Shizuku must identify -- in competition with a stellar young critic -- twelve heaven-sent wines whose impressions the will describes in flowing terms..."