LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Who?
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Booklikes-opoly: July 5th

The last time I got to roll was May 31st. I'm so happy to finally be writing this post.

Books finished so far:

An Extraordinary Union - Alyssa Cole  Decision at Doona - Anne McCaffrey  Redshirts - John Scalzi

Baccano!, Vol. 1: The Rolling Bootlegs - Ryohgo NaritaAgainst the Paw - Diane Kelly  Star Surgeon - James White

Salamandastron - Brian JacquesThe Friday Society - Adrienne Kress  Jewels of the Sun - Nora Roberts

The Edge of the Abyss - Emily Skrutskie

Bank: $71

Roll: 4

My last spot was New Orleans Square Station (14). This takes me to Cars Land 18.

This game makes me grateful I cataloged most of my book collection in LibraryThing. With the help of LibraryThing, I was able to figure out which of my books fit this spot. I picked out a few possibilities, had trouble digging my top choice out of its hiding place, and settled on Jennifer Lynn Barnes' The Naturals. I got this as an ARC at a conference and then never got around to reading it. Better late than never, I guess. It was published in 2013, so I'm very late.

Although I could get the little book link tool to work a few minutes ago, it isn't working for me right now for some reason, so no cute little cover image from here on out.

Since I rolled doubles, I get to roll again. (I wasn't really thorough about looking over the new rules, so if this has changed, let me know.)

My second roll: 11

That takes me to Free Parking.

Which means I have to roll one more time:

Odd means my final place is Waterworks.

"Read a book with water on the cover, or where someone turns on the waterworks (i.e., cries) because of an emotional event."

This works out perfectly, because I've really been wanting to read the book I recently got, The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku. Even if it doesn't exactly follow the song it's based on, there's an image in the book of Miku crying, so I'd say the book fits for this spot.

And here's my game board. If I understood the rules change correctly, I need to keep track of where I landed and how many times I landed there from here on out. I suppose I can print out a little gameboard for myself later, but for now I put little numbers on the spots to indicate I'd landed on them once. With my reading speed lately, odds are good that I'm not going to be hitting those spots again before the end of the game, anyway.