LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Alliance In Blood
Ariel Tachna
Progress: 63/210 pages
To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
Progress: 448/553 pages
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 71 out of 301 pages.

The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku - Yunagi, cosMo@BousouP, Muya Agami

"'Uh, I'm not sure how to put this in words, but...' I began. 'But yesterday, when we went our separate ways, you looked really disappointed.'

'Disappointed...?' She was silent for a moment - to consider the meaning of the word, I guessed - and then declared, 'That's right,' with a tone of indifference. 'I was disappointed yesterday. But today, I'm fine!'

'Uh, hmm - why, though?'

'Because I didn't know yesterday if I would get to see you again today. But I did! So now I think I'll get to see you again tomorrow, too!'

'......'

So that was it. Yesterday was the first day of Miku's life, so she didn't yet have any sense of daily life - that it would continue on into tomorrow and the day after that. But now she understood that tomorrow would repeat in a similar structure to today, which meant she could say goodbye with peace of mind." (70-71)

Okay, I want to give poor past Miku a hug now. Poor little robot girl.

It's starting to look like The Edge of the Abyss was my reading slump, because I'm actually enjoying myself now. Even though aspects of the writing still bug me, I like Miku and I like that the main character tries to treat her well (even though he doesn't always think things through and I wish he'd worry more about sending her off on her own). I was a bit worried that he'd be standoffish and cold towards her.