LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

A Rational Arrangement
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Book shopping yesterday

Book shopping yesterday was an adventure. The power went out twice, both times while I was paying or about to pay. And it didn't just go out for the store I was in, but for several blocks. Traffic lights, everything.

But it all worked out in the end, unless you count the damage to my shelf space. I offloaded one bag of books and brought back three bags of books.

Anyway, here's the haul. It's lovely, even though I'm still debating where to put it all. I need to put together a library donation bag or two. (I have different criteria for donating rather than selling - the library I work at gets most of the manga I decide I don't want, for example. 99% of the library's manga collection used to belong to me.)

Aoharu X Machinegun Vol. 1 (Aoharu x Machine Gun) - Naoe,Naoe  Aoharu X Machinegun, Vol. 2 - Naoe  Aoharu X Machinegun, Vol. 3 - Naoe

Aoharu x Machinegun vols. 1-3 - I read the first volume while eating a late lunch yesterday. This series starts off a little like Ouran High School Host Club, only with guns and the heroine never actually revealing that she's a girl.

Gravitation EX, Volume 01 - Maki Murakami  Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 2: Yuhi - Yuu Watase  Crown of Love, Vol. 2 - Yun Kouga

Gravitation EX, Volume 01 - Maki Murakami - I want to do an "everything Gravitation" reread at some point.

Ceres: Celestial Legend, Vol. 2: Yuhi - Yuu Watase - Filling in a gap in my collection. I think I'm only missing a couple volumes now.

Crown of Love, Vol. 2 - Yun Kouga - I really like Kouga's Loveless (which I think might be on hiatus?) but have never read any of the author's other works. I'd need to get volume 1, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Kagerou Daze, Vol. 1 - Jin,Mahiro Satou  Alice in the Country of Hearts: Love Labyrinth of Thorns - QuinRose  Zero's Familiar Omnibus 1-3 - Noboru Yamaguchi,Nana Mochizuki

Several other manga volumes to try out. Surprisingly, there are still Alice in the Country of volumes I haven't read. I wonder how close I am to finally being done?

Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers, Vol. 1 (light novel) (Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (Light Novel)) - Ishio Yamagata  Baccano!, Vol. 3 - light novel - Ryohgo Narita  Baccano!, Vol. 4 - light novel - Ryohgo Narita

.hack// G.U. (novel) Volume 1: The Terror of Death - Tatsuya Hamazaki,Yuzuka Morita  Sword Art Online 2: Aincrad (Novel) - Reki Kawahara  Black Bullet, Vol. 1: Those Who Would Be Gods - Saki Ukai,Shiden Kanzaki

Japanese light novels! I already know I like Baccano, and most of the rest are ones I'd like to try out.

Deliverer  - C.J. Cherryh  Pretender - C.J. Cherryh  Destroyer - C.J. Cherryh

Gil's All Fright Diner - A. Lee Martinez  Bitterblue - Ian Schoenherr,Kristin Cashore

And all the rest of these, except for Gil's All Fright Diner, are "I need to read more of the series first before I can touch this" books.