Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Nine Princes in Amber: The Chronicles of Amber, Book 1
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Booklikes-opoly: July 25th

Books finished:

An Extraordinary Union - Alyssa Cole  Decision at Doona - Anne McCaffrey  Redshirts - John Scalzi

Baccano!, Vol. 1: The Rolling Bootlegs - Ryohgo NaritaAgainst the Paw - Diane Kelly  Star Surgeon - James White

Salamandastron - Brian JacquesThe Friday Society - Adrienne Kress  Jewels of the Sun - Nora Roberts

The Edge of the Abyss - Emily Skrutskie The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku - Yunagi,cosMo@BousouP,Muya Agami  The Naturals - Jennifer Lynn Barnes

The Dinosaur Lords - Victor Milán

Dice roll:

I was on Paradise Pier 30, so this puts me on spot 35.

I thought I might have to read (or reread) one of my many J.D. Robb books, which I'm not really in the mood for right now. The Dinosaur Lords ended with lots of deaths, and I don't feel up to something with crime scenes and murder. However, it turns out that I have a couple romance novels that star police officers: Night Shield by Nora Roberts and How to Steal the Lawman's Heart by Kathy Douglass. I'm pretty sure I've read Night Shield before, but long enough ago that I can't remember anything about it.

I'm going to try to dig them both out and make my decision after that. If I can only locate one of them, then that's the one I'll go with. Otherwise, I'm leaning more towards the Nora Roberts one.

Night Shield - Nora Roberts  How to Steal the Lawman's Heart (Sweet Briar Sweethearts) - Kathy Douglass