LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Vintage: A Ghost Story
Berman, Steve, Steve Berman
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
Fluency
Jennifer Foehner Wells
Progress: 58/367 pages

Halloween Bingo update #9

I never got around to writing a Bingo update after I finished Welcome to Night Vale: A Novel, so I'm a bit behind. That one could count for the Monsters or Supernatural squares, neither of which has been called yet.

And I just finished The Tokyo Zodiac Murders. That one could count for Locked Room Mystery, Murder Most Foul, Diverse Voices (which I've already marked, so that one's out), or possibly Amateur Sleuth. I'm choosing to count it for my Locked Room Mystery square, which I've marked with a Dachshund sticker.

If Monsters gets called before Supernatural, I'll be one square away from a Bingo. Now I just need to make myself finish The Bishop's Pawn. It's not necessarily bad, but it's definitely not meant for newbies to the series or people who know almost nothing about Canadian history, and I unfortunately fall into both of those categories.

Finished But Not Yet Marked:

Welcome to Night Vale: A Novel - Dylan Marron,Jeffrey Cranor,Cecil Baldwin,Retta Andresen,Joseph Fink,Harper Audio,Dan Bittner,Therese Plummer  - Supernatural, Monsters

Finished and Marked:

The Drops of God 2 - Shu Okimoto,Tadashi Agi - Free Square

Parasite Eve - Hideaki Sena - Genre: Horror, Chilling Children, Monsters, and Diverse Voices

Unseemly Pursuits: A Concordia Wells Mystery - K.B. Owen - Cozy Mystery, Murder Most Foul, Amateur Sleuth, and Terrifying Women

Lure of the Mummy - Janis Susan May  - Supernatural, Monsters, Terrifying Women

The Dark Victorian: Risen Volume One - Elizabeth Watasin - Ghost, Darkest London, Supernatural, The Dead Will Walk, and Terrifying Women

Death Note: Another Note - NisiOisiN - Murder Most Foul, Locked Room Mystery, Diverse Voices, and Supernatural, Serial/Spree Killer

Provenance - Ann Leckie - Aliens

The Tokyo Zodiac Murders (Pushkin Vertigo) - Shika MacKenzie,Soji Shimada,Ross MacKenzie - Locked Room Mystery, Murder Most Foul, Diverse Voices, Amateur Sleuth (?)