LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Haunting of Hill House
L. Rowyn
Progress: 179/537 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Probably getting this in the near future

Erased, Vol. 1 - Kei Sanbe

I'm tempted to buy it so that I don't have to deal with waiting for each volume via ILL, but I need to remember that I have zero shelf space. So, ILL it is. Maybe after I get through all four volumes of Yukarism?

I'm currently watching Netflix's live action TV series based on this. There are moments when some of the acting is unconvincing, but mostly I'm enjoying it, even though I already knew going in who the murderer was. I'd have actually preferred my introduction to the series to be the anime, which I'd seen (spoiler-filled) clips of and thought looked gorgeous, but I'm not buying that at its current price of at least $15 per 25-minute episode.

The basic premise of this series: a twenty-something loner has the ability to go back in time and make situations that originally got someone killed work out for the better. It isn't something he really has control over, and he's usually only able to go back a few minutes into the past. Then his mother is murdered and he becomes a suspect. The one thing he wants most is to fix whatever it was that led to her being killed, so he's suddenly transported 15 years into the past, to a time in his childhood when several kids he knew were kidnapped and killed. Somehow those murders had something to do with his mother's death in the present. He thinks that if he can figure out how to stop them, then he can save his mom.