LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Dramacon Ultimate Edition
Svetlana Chmakova
Progress: 62/630 pages
Murder for Tea (The Cozy Tea Shoppe Mysteries #1)
Vered Ehsani
Mitsuko Volek, Michael Volek, Asa Nonami
Progress: 188/239 pages
The Keeper of Lost Causes
Jussi Adler-Olsen, Lisa Hartford

Reading progress update: I've read 221 out of 221 pages.

Fullmetal Alchemist: The Land of Sand - Makoto Inoue, Alexander O. Smith, Hiromu Arakawa

A sudden project at work (which I superstitiously think was due to our Periodicals Librarian foolishly saying the words "program review" several times in the space of a few minutes) meant that audiobook listening didn't really happen much today. However, I did manage to finish this book while pet sitting after work.

All in all, this was decent. The bulk of the book was "The Land of Sand." I couldn't help judging it against my memories of the anime adaptation of it, and I preferred the anime. That said, it wasn't bad - like bland but readable fanfic. The rest of the volume was a bonus story, "The Phantom Warehouse," which was also adapted into an anime episode. The humor didn't always work, and it was a bit ridiculous, but I enjoyed it all the same.

I'm going to use it for the Antique Hunting Rifle card - Inoue begins with one of the letters in the word "RIFLE." It'll be my guess for today. (I think I finished early enough to still squeak in a guess?)