LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Binary Storm (Liege-Killer)
Progress: 310/336 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Quiet day

I'm in the U.S., and it's a holiday today. We celebrate it by trying to burn the country down. Okay, not really, but it can feel like that sometimes. When I was a kid, some neighbors accidentally started a fire on the hill we were all living on because they were idiots with illegal fireworks. They completely disappeared the instant the fire started, leaving the rest of us to call the fire department, realize that apartment management never installed fire extinguishers anywhere, and then frantically try to put the fire out with buckets of water and the one small fire extinguisher someone in the building owned.

I don't plan on going to see the city's fireworks show tonight. Too many people, trying to find parking would make me anxious, and I'm not feeling particularly festive. But having the day off has been nice. I'll continue doing what I've been doing: reading my book on ants and occasionally playing a bit of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (I'm 7 hours in and still only in the prologue, lol) and The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker (so far not as good as I'd hoped it'd be).