LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Manga Classics: Jane Eyre
Tomoko Taniguchi
Progress: 310/336 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Reading progress update: I've listened 653 out of 653 minutes.

When Dimple Met Rishi - Sandhya Menon, Vikas Adam, Sneha Mathan

Aww. My first time with the audiobook, second time with the book in general. Dimple and Rishi are still a cute couple.

I felt pretty much the same way during the second time as the first. Similar complaints: All that drama near the end was frustrating, especially considering how well Dimple and Rishi had meshed up to that point. And I still think it would have been nice to have seen them interacting more with Insomnia Con attendees other than Celia and the Aberzombies. Also, Dimple and Rishi spent so little time working on Dimple's app idea on-page that it was easy to forget that it was supposed to be the final Insomnia Con product - they spent more on-page time practicing their dance for the extra points.

But Rishi was sweet, and I loved Dimple's enthusiasm for her app in particular and coding in general, even as I winced at her occasional naivete (

no matter how hard she worked on her app, no matter how good it was, it wouldn't have changed the final Insomnia Con decision).

(show spoiler)

Sneha Mathan's narration of Dimple's sections appealed to me immediately - she did a wonderful job portraying Dimple's emotions, particularly when Dimple was feeling awkward or uncertain. There was only one line that didn't feel quite right to me, but it was said by a minor character, so it wasn't a huge deal. Vikas Adam's narration of Rishi's sections took longer to grow on me. I liked him a lot as Rishi, but his narration for some of the other male characters, particularly Ashish, took some getting used to.

From Twinkle, With Love's epistolary format makes me reluctant to try it, but I'm very much looking forward to There's Something About Sweetie.