LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom, Vol. 1
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!, Vol. 2
Satoru Yamaguchi, Nami Hidaka
Progress: 24/171 pages
Graphic Medicine Manifesto
MK Czerwiec, Kimberly R. Myers, Scott T. Smith, Michael J. Green, Susan Merrill Squier, Ian Williams
Progress: 26/172 pages
Ao Oni: Mutation
Kenji Kuroda, Karin Suzuragi, Alexander Keller-Nelson
Progress: 30/152 pages

Reading progress update: I've read 20 out of 154 pages.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!, Vol. 2 (light novel) - Satoru Yamaguchi, Nami Hidaka, Shirley Yeung

I have no idea where Yamaguchi is planning on going with this. I expected this volume to start with Katarina's first days at magic school, flinching every time anything that so much as looked like a sign of a Bad Ending turned up. She would, of course, become friends with the protagonist but also constantly worry that she was only one wrong move away from getting herself killed or exiled.

Instead, we got a bittersweet flashback to some stuff in our world, and then the revelation that

yet another character in this series (unexpectedly, not the otome game heroine) is a reincarnation of somebody. Huh? Is this going to be important? Are all the characters in this series reincarnated?

(show spoiler)

Why'd you do that, Yamaguchi? This is supposed to be a fluffy, fun, and kind of stupid romantic comedy. I assume we're going to go back to that, but you can't just throw this kind of thing into the story and then not do anything with it, either.