LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Graphic Medicine Manifesto
MK Czerwiec, Kimberly R. Myers, Scott T. Smith, Michael J. Green, Susan Merrill Squier, Ian Williams
Progress: 26/172 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Status update: 1 hour and 3 minutes in, 12 hours and 30 minutes left

The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter - Theodora Goss, Kate Reading

I really need to finish more of the stuff on my "currently reading" shelf. I'm a bit past my usual maximum number I can handle at one time.

Anyway, this is set up like a book being written by one of the characters involved, with occasional interruptions/corrections from the other young women watching her write (or reading her draft?). I imagine this works a bit better on paper than it does in audio - I assume there's some kind of font change? In audio, the narrator just suddenly changes to a different voice, while my brain frantically tries to adjust to the sudden change and figure out whether this is a new character who has just appeared on the scene or just a switch over to one of the annoying "commentary" scenes.

I probably wouldn't have checked this out under normal circumstances, but it seemed like it would work for Bingo. It has Dr. Jekyll's daughter, plus a few other daughters of famous horror literary figures.