LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Ascendance of a Bookworm: Part 1 Vol. 3
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!, Vol. 2
Satoru Yamaguchi, Nami Hidaka
Progress: 24/171 pages
Graphic Medicine Manifesto
MK Czerwiec, Kimberly R. Myers, Scott T. Smith, Michael J. Green, Susan Merrill Squier, Ian Williams
Progress: 26/172 pages
Ao Oni: Mutation
Kenji Kuroda, Karin Suzuragi, Alexander Keller-Nelson
Progress: 30/152 pages
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Christopher Moore

Reading progress update: I've read 297 out of 297 pages.

Days Gone Bad - Eric R. Asher

I'm finally done with this, oh happy day. Damian never regained my goodwill after what he did to those birds, and I was stony-faced every time the characters had yet another chuckle about feeding ferrets to vampires. Not only did I not find the ferret-eating jokes funny, it also didn't seem logical. They can feed off of animal blood, and yet rather than feeding from a wide variety of animals or even keeping a few larger animals and bleeding them on a rotating basis, they buy pet ferrets on a weekly basis. From the same pet store every time. I don't know what ferrets cost, but I figure that would get expensive, and even Damian wondered why the pet shop owner never asked questions.

Story-wise, this was confusing as heck. I lost track of what was going on and why by the end, because the characters kept taking breaks for pizza, beef jerky, chimichangas, and jokes. I know this book had an editor, because the editor reviewed it on Goodreads (::wince::), but I'm convinced that she only did copyediting.

I need to go through my Bingo squares and figure out which ones this book would apply to, but for sure this would work for Vampires and Demons.