LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

Lying in Wait
Peter Godfrey-Smith
Progress: 41/255 pages
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes
The Gentleman Thief (Kindaichi Case Files) - Yozaburo Kanari [My true grade for this is probably closer to 3.5 stars. I really wish Goodreads would allow half stars.]I've liked other Kindaichi Case Files volumes I've read, although not enough to seek them out and buy them. A mysterious thief called the Gentleman Thief has been stealing works of art and altering their real-life subjects (for instance, stealing a painting of a tree and then clipping the tree to look like the thief's symbol). None of this is very sinister until the Gentleman Thief targets a particular artist who became famous after painting a portrait of his daughter as he imagined she would look like years later. Several paintings are stolen, several people are killed. This was a nice, interesting mystery - I had fun trying to figure out who the killer was. I like the art style, too.(Originally posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)