LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

To Say Nothing of the Dog: Or How We Found the Bishop's Bird Stump at Last
Connie Willis, Recorded Books LLC, Steven Crossley
Vintage: A Ghost Story
Berman, Steve, Steve Berman
Progress: 75/154 pages
The Moai Island Puzzle
Ho-Ling Wong, Alice Arisugawa
Progress: 30/239 pages
The snail-watcher, and other stories
Patricia Highsmith
The Naked Sun
Isaac Asimov
Progress: 20/187 pages

Something I Miss

Okay, so I'm still annoyed enough with the stuff Goodreads pulled on its users (still without notifying the community as a whole, unless I missed something) that I haven't updated my account since I moved over to BookLikes and LibraryThing.

And yet.

I really miss being able to compare myself to other readers in order to find people with similar tastes. I can compare libraries in LibraryThing, although I think only the number of shared books are considered. That's not good enough, and, besides, for my purposes LibraryThing is little more than a catalog. I don't chat with people about books much, but, when I do, it's been through BookLikes.

My dream: being able to compare users (ratings + number of books in common). It would be even better if greater weight were given to *recent* ratings/books in common.

This post was inspired by a recent slog through BookLikes' "Explore" page. Readers with tastes like mine, I really want to meet you and stalk your reviews. But it's so hard to find you...