LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Haunting of Hill House
FREE: Locke & Key
Progress: 91/806 minutes

Naruto (vol. 48) by Masashi Kishimoto

Naruto, Vol. 48: The Cheering Village - Masashi Kishimoto

Things happened in this volume! It was a little less chaotic than several of the previous volumes, and I was glad to see

some of the characters (like Kakashi!) weren't truly dead. I growled a bit when Danzo was named 6th Hokage and cheered when all the villagers were happy to see that Naruto succeeded. Naruto has come a long way, as far as villager acceptance goes. If it weren't for the series' long, drawn out storylines, I could easily imagine him being named Hokage within 10 volumes. As it is, it's probably not going to happen for at least the next 100.

(show spoiler)

As happy as I was to see some of the character deaths undone, I also considered this to be major cheating on Kishimoto's part. Either kill characters or don't. Fake deaths are just a cheap way to manipulate readers' emotions.

Speaking of emotional manipulation, as sad as Pain's past was, for some reason it didn't affect me nearly as much as learning all the details of Sasuke and Itachi's pasts. Maybe I've become numb to it all.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)