LG

Familiar Diversions

I'm a librarian who loves anime, manga, and reading a wide variety of genres.

The Dark Victorian: Risen Volume One
Progress: 58/367 pages
SPOILER ALERT!

Skip Beat! (vol. 27) by Yoshiki Nakamura

Skip Beat!, Vol. 27 - Yoshiki Nakamura

The most disappointing aspect of this volume is that it featured less of Kyoko and Ren working than I would have liked. I love seeing them at work. Even so, I still enjoyed this overall. There are snippets of Ren's past, indications that maybe he killed someone. I think it's probably more likely that he was indirectly responsible for someone's death and ended up blaming himself. There are worrisome hints that Ren may soon get himself hurt trying to do his own stunts. Maybe his emotional turmoil causes him to lose focus at a crucial moment?

On the lighter side, it looks like the romance aspect may be inching forward. Kyoko freaked out upon accidentally seeing Ren naked. Unfortunately, she hid her freak out too well, and Ren became depressed because he assumed she was unaffected. Ha! If those two could only peek into each others' heads.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)